Fundraising for 2015 Marriage Retreat

We are participating in Boscov’s Friends Helping Friends fundraiser.
It costs $5 and you will get a 25% off coupon for October 21st and will be entered to win many prizes.

They will also have refreshments at the store during the event.
All proceeds from the $5 tickets will go to 2015 Marriage Retreat.
If you are interested in donating please email me

Educational & Informational

Youth Employability Success Program (GED training for ages 16-21)     808 Market Street, 3rd fl- Suite 322  Camden, NJ 08012  (856) 541-1372

South Jersey Legal Services, Inc. (legal aid for landlord tenant cases, bankruptcies, domestic violence, public benefits denials and terminations such as SSI, TANF, and Food Stamps, plus more) (856) 964-9400

Hopeworks ‘N Camden  Provides educational assistance and training for youths and young adults  543 State Street Camden, NJ 08102             (856) 365-4673

Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA)

The Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) has announced that it will set up disaster recovery centers in South Jersey where applicants can go for information about assistance. The locations for those centers will be determined and announced soon.

There are several categories of assistance available from FEMA.

  • Unemployment payments of up to 26 weeks can be available to employees who temporarily lost jobs because of the disaster and who do not qualify for other state benefits, including self-employed individuals.
  • Grants are available for home repairs and replacement of essential household items that are not covered by insurance. These grants to replace personal property cover improvements that make damaged dwellings safe, sanitary, and functional. They also can be applied to help meet medical, dental, funeral, transportation and other serious disaster-related expenses not covered by insurance or other federal, state and charitable aid programs.
  • Rental payments for temporary housing can be made to families whose homes are unlivable. Initial assistance may be provided for up to three months for homeowners, and at least one month for renters. Assistance may be extended if requested after the initial period based on a review of individual applicant requirements.

Camden County residents seeking assistance from FEMA can apply several ways:

After a resident applies for assistance, a FEMA inspector will be assigned to assess the damage and determine the level of assistance available. Then a check can be issued, or in the case of business owners, a referral made to the Small Business Administration for low-interest loan assistance.